Well, the topic that is trending these days is the deadly coronavirus. This COVID-19 is presenting so many uncertainties these days and is resulting in the downfall of the economy too. But the economy is directly related to the people. So it is very important for us to remain healthy.
Our immune system is responsible for fighting against various diseases. So it is very important to have a proper and nutritious diet that supports the immune system of our body.
So, it is the time to include these micronutrients in your diet to fight against this deadly disease –
- Vitamin A – It is found in an egg, tofu, cheese, fish etc. and helps in making antibodies that neutralises the pathogens which cause infection. It acts as a barrier and is your body’s first line of defense.
- Vitamin B – It is found in leafy vegetables, fruits, cereals, fish, chicken, etc. It also acts as a barrier and influences the production and activity of the natural killer cells in the body.
- Vitamin C – It is found in lemons, oranges, broccoli, etc. and helps in cleaning the cellular mess by producing the cells that helps in increasing the immunity.
- Vitamin D – The major source of this vitamin is the exposure to the sun. So, it is important to spend some time outside in order to protect yourself from respiratory infections.
- Vitamin E – It is mainly found in nuts and green leafy vegetables and helps in protecting cells from oxidative stress, thus increasing the immunity.
- Minerals, iron, zinc, and selenium are also very important micronutrients that should be included in the diet.
Some important points to keep in mind are –
- In this current situation, it is possible that all the things might not be available, but you should try to have a variety of food and boost your intake of vitamins and minerals.
- Pregnant women and people with certain health issues should consult a doctor first.
- Apart from the proper diet, in order to fight with this disease, you should stop smoking.
- Also, try to do regular exercise, get enough sleep, and also practice social distancing.
Let’s fight this together. Stay safe, stay healthy.